Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Welcome

Hello friends and family. Thanks for following us along as we travel to China. We have been pursuing this adoption for over a year, but now that we are so close to actually holding her in our arms and bringing her to her new home, I am having difficulty really absorbing all that will happen and change and it is happening so fast!

At this moment I am excited, nervous, thrilled, weepy, and a bit giggly.

The kids are handling the news with their typical flexibility and do not seem concerned at all that we will be gone. I know that they will be in safe and loving care and they seem to understand that too. Luke is the one that will have the most 'missing mommy' moments, but with the help of some warm hugs and other distractions including his trusty blanket, I am 100 percent positive he will be just fine. It is our return with the new baby sister that will really turn his world upside down!

Back to packing and my evil nemesis..laundry

3 Comments:

Blogger Trixie said...

I wondered who lived on the other side of Mt Laundry! Hi neighbor...if you move the towels to the right a little bit, you will see the "sandy beach" that I call Sock Cove!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm so excited for you all. I'm sure all the kids will be ok - and thrilled when you return with "their" baby.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm praying for 'traveling mercies.' So excited to hear all about the trip!

And down with laundry! It's totally kicking my butt since my little #5 hit the scene. :)

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home