Tuesday, April 18, 2006

We're home

After a travel marathon spanning thousands of miles and hours, we're home.

Lee and I were just dying to see the kids. I missed them so much that at the end I felt nauseated with wanting to see them.

My dad, step-mom, sister and her fiance came to pick us up at the sirport.

Mary Clare is one amazing kid. She slept for a good 7-8 hrs total on the plane and when she was awake she was not fussy and in pretty good spirits. She has already begun to adjust to the time change, in fact she seems to be handling it better than I am.

She is curious, but wary around the kids. She has already grab/scratched them all. They are just so happy to have her here. Jake said, "I can't believe she is finally here with us!" The first time we all rode in the minivan together, they immediately wanted to add her to our Cullom family song. It is really more like a chant or cheer where everyone's name is called.

It feels unreal to me too, for her to finally be physically present here with the rest of our kiddos. She has been with us in our hearts sonce the beginning of our paperwork, bt to be able to hold and kiss her and see her smile at her brothers and sister is just magical.

3 Comments:

Blogger Minnesota Momma said...

WELCOME HOME! I'm glad you all arrived safe and sound! That is so sweet what Jake said! I'm sure it hard to believe it's real after waiting so long for her. I'm just so, so very happy for your entire family. I'm just beaming!

Kim (TT)

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Home, glad to hear that you are home safely and getting settled back in with all the kids and family. I'm sure your just on cloud 9! I've just been so excited for you. Thank you for sharing your experience with us all. Best wishes in the days to come. ~Sara (TT)

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to read and hear the wonderful and challenging events in your lives. I'd love to meet MC, maybe over the summer. Our prayers are with you, Janet

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home